On this week's show we planned to have Baseball Prospectus's Zach Mortimer back for about a half hour to talk about their preseason top 50 prospect lists. However we wound up talking to Zach for over an hour. Since I know that the length of the show has been a selling point for some of our listeners, I decided rather than tack on our usual stuff on top of that, I would divide it into two parts.
Today is part 1, which is just the interview with Zach, hopefully Chris and I will be able to record the rest of the show tonight, or tomorrow, and get that out as well.
In the interview, we discuss...
- The two Jays prospects ranked in the top 50 list, (Aaron Sanchez, & Roberto Osuna)
- The four main prospects that the Jays dealt away in the summer (Noah Syndergaard, Jake Marisnick, Travis d'Arnaud, & Justin Nicolino)
- The two best Canadian prospects currently in the minors (Jameson Taillon & James Paxton)
- The only Jays prospect on the Futures Game roster (AJ Jimenez)
- A prospect roundup on some Jays guys (Franklin Baretto, Anthony Gose & Kevin Pillar
- Finally I run a theory that Kiley McDaniel has posited on his podcast (Linked below) called the "Black Swan Theory" to Zach.
Our music this week, is entirely Canadian (in honour of Canada Day)
Intro - Thompson Girl by the Tragically Hip
Into Zach - Big League by Red Rider
Outro - Suddenly by The Sheepdogs
Download (Right Click Link)
Episode 15 - Right Click to Download
Kiley McDaniel's Marginal Prospects episode where he discusses "the Black Swan Theory" - http://sbb.scout.com/2/1286674.html